Lamo's Way or How I Learned to Stop Hating and Love the System
From Makers Local 256
A correlation of data and practices into a cheap way of living without alienating oneself from society, friends, and family. Inspired by Adrian Lamo.
- Mapping public resources:
- Open wifi
- Price per item
- Public restrooms
- Available electric power
- Campgrounds and rescue missions
- Correlating all the data mentioned above with time of availability
- Providing finished data set and maps to the public for use in times of need.
- Doubles as an excellent resource for those wishing to lead a nomadic lifestyle.
- Could easily be expanded to cover multiple cities around the country.
- Make it in the form of a website where a user can input a time frame(start date+time-->end date+time) and it will pop out a map showing possible routes organized chronologically.
- Perhaps even have a minimal stop time the user can set per location so as to avoid people being suspicious of lingering vagrants.
- Data should also be available to the user on a per type basis.
- For instance, those looking for only free WiFi or those only looking for cheap food.
- Found this The Bath Room Diaries, I also made a post on my blog about wanting to rate public restrooms. Might be something nice to integrate into this. --JimShoe 04:14, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
- DabbleDB looks like it might be just the thing to get this project off the ground and start getting content. --strages 21:38, 8 May 2008 (CDT)
- It's been proposed to a couple of people in group to live a mobile life for one month.
- Participant use the site, when it's up and running, to input data.
- Participant will make one blog post a day.
- Participant will use Twitter throughout the day.
- Began working out a way to map this stuff out using Open Street Map as suggested by David. Going to start adding notes here. --strages (talk) 22:06, 19 April 2014 (CDT)
- vending machine
- New entries
- power outlet
- information kiosk
- rescue mission/homeless shelter
- dead drops
- homeless encampments?
- user accounts
- two modes
- utilize online data without an offline mode for now.
- gps positioning with specific location (name or address) optional
- new entry button -> radio button of nearby locations (optional) -> key check boxes -> details (radio button, text field, checkbox)
- generic vote key for each resource.
- can hold a negative value
- example: toilets with the negative vote value should probably be avoided.
- only returns explicit results (ANDs not ORs)