Make use of $8 Tivo's
I bought a couple Tivos at a flea market the other day. I thought they were worth $8 a piece, but really they aren't. So I am going to get my $8 out of them some way.
What I Have
- 1 Series 2
- 1 Series 2.5
- Both are say 80hr record time
- All Wires
Ideas for use
- I am thinking maybe I can use them as a media center storage device.
- Save hard drive, and put Thermite to them.
- I tried to boot both boxes up, and neither got passed the "Welcome, Starting Up". I think this has something to do with the Hard Drives. The next step is to test the hard drives to see if they work. If so then I will need to reinstall the Tivo OS. --JimShoe 15:55, 9 May 2007 (CDT)
- Both hard drives seem to be dead. So I am just going to toss these in the garbage. -$16 --JimShoe 16:17, 18 September 2007 (CDT)
- Both Tivos have been tossed. --JimShoe 14:47, 7 December 2007 (CST)