A user friendly application that will download media utilizing RSS feeds. HID will not be a physical keyboard, but a TV style remote control. Something like this is easily implemented for the moderate to advanced computer user. Looking to create a install-and-forget system that is easy for parents and the non-savvy to use.
- This is not an original idea, Torrentocracy did this for MythTV, but the last version of MythTV it worked for was 0.19, and has been abandoned ever since.
- No need to re-invent the wheel, this application would work best as a Plugin for an already existing popular Media Viewed such as MythTV.
- Possibly use Deluge as a backend for the Torrent. Will need to research the command line capabilities of this program.
- Maybe rTorrent is a better way to go, this command line torrenting program already has RSS feature plugins like pyTVshows
User Requests New Show
- User picks up remote, navigates to a list of Television Shows.
- User Selects a show and a Season, Season/Episode, or some range therein.
- Computer plugs variables into website such as tvrss.net to generate an RSS feed.
- Computer monitors RSS feed and uses some kind of "unique episode" filtering as existing in uTorrent to determine which files to download
- Computer downloads show
- When download is complete, program moves file to a directory accessible by MythTV