See Open manufacturing for a list of makers local cnc machines
People Interested in Working on This
- Omegix 16:20, 30 June 2009 (CDT)
- Opticron 08:03, 1 July 2009 (CDT)
- Profphalin 23:29, 21 July 2009 (CDT)
The shop could use a CNC machine. There are already designed and open CNC plans on the internet. The CNC machine work area should be 2'x4' or larger for sheet metal use.
A CNC machine is primarily used as a computer automated cutting tool. User inputs a file, the machine cuts out the part.
- Circuit board etching and drilling
- Wood cutting
- Acrylic etching
- Sheet metal cutting
- A Instructables page that has detailed instuctions on how to make a CNC machine, down to the patterns needed.
- http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2009/08/valkyrie_100_diy_cnc_machine_aka.html $100 Arduino CNC
Need some links here to CNC design projects on the web that can be reproduced at the shop.
1st Meetup pending interest