Card organizer for collectible cards. Using Dominion as the contents.
Existing OTS Organizers
- Molded Plastic "Jammers"
- #5303 Disadvantage: Cards lay flat, no ability to insert dividers
- #5305 Disadvantage: Small, will only hold one Set per box
Version 1 was made from a Harbor Freight tool box, foam board, card stock, and a pdf file of the types of cards.
Version 2: Laser Cut Acrylic
- Card Sizes: The set will be designed with Dominion priority in mind, but would like it to hold other card games if the difference is minimal. MtG cards are larger than Dominion cards, so going to make sure the card wells will hold them.
- MtG: 92x66
- Dominion: 91x59mm
- Thickness: 5mm (0.1969 inches)
- Using a 0.5" notch size, 14" x 9" (max dimension of maker's laser cutter)
- Using MtG card size, selected a 4" depth for box
- Card Dividers
- This uses a lot of black ink
Helpful Notes From People
- <EnabrinTain> well for a dominion organizer: http://boxmaker.rahulbotics.com/
- <EnabrinTain> and then extract the design from the pdf using corel draw (its on the laser control computer) and modify in inkscape
- Couldn't find the larger box bottom graphic when pasting into inkscape
- <EnabrinTain> if you had the Transform control open before you pased it onto the canvas, you could just resize and translate it to 0,0
- Benalene said that Inkscape can open PDF, going to try to cut CorelDraw out of the equation
- Graphics Not fitting on Inkscape paper size
- Use a bigger paper size. Wikipedia has the standard paper sizes.
- A3 = 11.69 × 16.54 "