From Makers Local 256
I'm building an arduino based kiln controller for driving our Kiln.
- Add mode button for Candling. (raise temp to 190F and maintain temp for 12 hours.)
- Add mode buttons for Timed Firing (not sure how this might be useful, but then I know nothing of ceramic arts either. maybe glazing?)
- Add mode button for Gradual Heating (slowly heat the kiln as opposed to full electric on.)
- Arduino Uno
- Thermocouple Amplifier MAX31855 breakout board ($20)
- Type K High Temp Thermocouple ($28)
- DC-AC Solid State Relay SSR-40DA 40A 3-32VDC 24-380VAC w Heat Sink ($24)
- DigiSpark Relay Shield (because I had spares and am a little afraid of hooking the SSR directly to the arduino without a transistor circuit; also I'm lazy)
- Status: reading temp and displaying it on lcd display; I'm waiting on the parts from ebay to start integrated kiln testing.