Basic Event Information
- Name: ChainMail Class
- Teacher: Jessica Garcia
- Logistics: Jeff Cotten
- Date: TBD
- Time: TBD
- Location: Make Shop
- Cost to Attend: $10 / $30
Jessica Garcia is a local chainmail artist who has offered to teach an introductory course on making chainmail to the community.
The class will teach how to create Queen's Mail using black and silver rings, and will include a clasp.
Examples of Queen's Mail:
- https://www.etsy.com/transaction/69568001 <--- Black & Silver
The cost of the class is $10 for materials, though you will need two flat nosed pliers for tools. You can pick these up at Jo-Anns for about $10 each, or Omegix can pick them up for you before the class and you can reimburse him day-of.
- Harbor Freight has them for about $3-4 if you're interested in saving some money. http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/pliers.html
Bringing their own Pliers
- EnabrinTain (maybe (contingent on date/time))
- Candleknight | Contingent on date/time | can also bring other chainmail supplies and some spare pliers if need be
Not Yet Advertised To
- General E-Mail List
- Initial Advertisement and call for volunteers
- Planning update 2 weeks out from event
- Livejournal Huntsville Community
- Facebook Event
- Makers Local Web Page
- WLRH \ NPR Service Announcement - (256) 895-9574- ask for Robert or Beth and tell them you want to do a PSA.