Equipment & Materials Request Page
What It Is
This page is to help people and projects share resources to obtain equipment and material based on a voting and cost metric. If enough people vote for a piece of equipment or material and enough money has been donated towards its purchase, the Facilities Committee will pay for the rest of its cost based on available FC funds.
How It Works
The metric for purchase works as so:
- Cost = cost of equipment or material
- Donations = amount of money received for equipment or material
- Voters = number of people who have voted for equipment or material
X = (Cost - Donations)/Voters <- The Cost to FC/Person
When X <= 20, then the equipment or material will be purchased. <- Please take note that this number may change as this page is experimental.
How To Use
If you want a piece of equipment or material, post it on the list below in the appropriate category with how much it costs with tax and where it can be obtained. State what you plan to use it for along with your username. Each username posted counts as a vote for the item. Also, please donate or pledge money towards its purchase. You may do so by declaring your pledge below or depositing money earmarked for the equipment in our shop's donation box.
IMPORTANT NOTE: A donation or pledge for an item is independent from your monthly pledged donation to the shop.
The day an item has an X value equal to or less than the stated Cost to FC/Person, pledged funds must be deposited to the donation box within a week. If they are not received by that time period, the pledged funds will be dropped from the X value calculation.
Priority for the purchase of items that have reached the required X value will be given in the chronological order by which all pledged funds have been received.
The Basics category is for everyday items that are necessary for the shop; e.g. paper towels, toilet paper, first aid & safety gear, etc.. They are independent from the voting metric and will be purchased immediately by FC.
Current Facilities Committee Funds
Please support this effort by donating to the FC Fund Pot:
- $50.00 pledged by Spacefelix, will arrive 10/20.
5 Speed Drill Press - $79.99 From Harbor Freight
- X = $69.99/person (X updated by --Spacefelix 16:17, 18 October 2009 (CDT))
- Votes & Donations
- Omegix 12:55, 18 October 2009 (CDT) $10. I'd rather not tie up my finances in an earmarked fund until I know for sure we're getting this. Please let me know when we're ready to move on this and I'll make sure an extra $10 makes it into a marked envelop in the donation box.
- Other Resources
- I believe Ratmandu said he has an old (and heavy) drillpress that he could donate to the shop, but someone would have to go pick it up. I think he said it was belt driven, it may be worth going ahead and purchasing new. Omegix 12:56, 18 October 2009 (CDT)
- I do have one, it is exactly the same as the one Spacefelix linked to above, I just need the time to dig it out and bring it in, it is belt driven. The belt hides beneath the metal top, and you move the belt up and down on pulleys to vary the speed. Ratmandu 05:52, 19 October 2009 (CDT)