Hackerspace Digest/HSD 0013 2011-09-07
- 13th Show.
- Recording time: September ??th, 2011 8pm
- Introduction - who, what, when, where, why
- Update on what Makers Local 256 is doing.
- Thats all folks
This is Hackerspace Digest episode number 13 for Wed Sep ??, 2011, semi-weekly podcast recorded by member of Makers Local 256 in Huntsville, Al. Check out makerslocal.org for more information about us. I am (realname) also know as (online_name) online, (rest of people fill in starting to left of the main host).
Makers Local 256 update
- Phil has is CNC ready to do Board Etching.
- Light Switch Xbee
- Wirelessly turn on and off a light, through Hi-tech stuff.
- Raspberry Pie alpha boards
- Small cheap linux computers.
- Minecraft IRL
- Box that you hit and acts like a minecraft block.
- Instructables twitter "As of today, all steps view and secondary images are available to everyone, logged in or not"
- FPGA Bitcoin Mining
- 6.8 watts for 100 Mhashes/second
- The Beginning a book about hackerspace in 2008.
- This isn't new info, book has been out at least since Sept. 2010
- NESIT (The New England Society of Information Technology) is a non-profit hackerspace and charity located in Meriden, Connecticut.
- They raised $3,572 for the Child's Play charity
Random Wiki Finds
- lvl1 2nd annual sumobot tournament
- LVL1 is holding a sumo-bot tournament October 29th
Thank you for listening. If you questions, comments, basically, we want to hear your thoughts. We'd love to hear from our listeners, please drop in irc, #makerslocal on freenode, or send us an email to email@example.com, you can find out everything about Makers Local 256 on makerslocal.org. Have a good one.
Hackerspace Digest is a production of Makers Local 256. Hackerspace Digest is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike 3.0 Unported license (CC-By-SA-3.0 Unported).