An attempt to get multiple hackerspaces in the same place at the same time. Think Maker Faire meets hackercon. Want to see projects, presentations on individual hackerspaces, cool hacks, hackerspace problem/solution talks, HOW-TOs, workshops, etc.
- Open to the public
- No harm in inspiring new spaces.
2009 September 18 - 2009 September 20
Huntsville Marriott located adjacent to the U.S. Space & Rocket Center - more details coming on pricing a room code.
- 5 Tranquility Base
- Huntsville, Alabama 35805 USA
- Phone: 1-256-830-2222
- Fax: 1-256-895-0904
- Sales: 1-256-830-2222
- Sales fax: 1-256-830-1336
- A type of panel discussion where members of various hackerspaces get up before the room and present a problem with their space and let the room try and solve it. The idea being that surely there's another space that's already dealt with said problem and can offer advice.
- Makers Local 256, Huntsville, AL
- Freeside, Atlanta, GA
- Hacker Consortium, Nashville, TN
- Cowtown Computer Congress, Kansas City, KS
- Hak-it, Indiantown, FL
- ibt, Gainesville, FL
- Tx/Rx Labs, Houston, TX
- foulabs, Montreal, Quebec, CA
- Perhaps try and get a discounted rate or free access to the Space & Rocket Center. [DONE!]
- Possible schwag being something hackable.
- Definitely want the schwag to be useful.
- strages and nykodemus are working on badges
- Do we all like the name "metaspace"? Or "the metaspace con"? [DONE! metaspac.es is bought... website coming soon]
Ideas for Events
- Makeshop overnight "camp-in" at 403 Brown Street
- This is something I have been wanting to do for a while. We would have to come up with a project that would be amazing. Then plan it out so we know how much time and money it would take. Might be something to discuss with other groups and see what they think. --Jimshoe 09:57, 3 August 2009 (CDT)
- 2-hour make-a-thon, 6-hour make-a-thon
- Panel discussions on overcoming various hackerspace problems
- Hackerspace show-n-tell
- Maybe arrange a live feed from BruCon_2009 and vice versa. --18.104.22.168 [via hackerspaces.org] 04:41, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe a how-to on setting up semantic mediawiki, explanation of use, and a linkup that follows. --strages 15:04, 4 August 2009 (CDT)