Difference between revisions of "Meetings/2009-03"

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Post Meeting Notes)
(added meeting notes)
Line 32: Line 32:
 
=Notes=
 
=Notes=
 
==Meeting Notes==
 
==Meeting Notes==
 +
*Action Item Review
 +
** Bob to send email to Mog about "AL lawyer to audit form for AL caveats"
 +
** Bob talked to people about power tools class, needs more followup
 +
** JimShoe is going to move forward with the webpage, make it live.
 +
** JimShoe will be webmaster, with others helping
 +
** Finance comity will report again next month.
 +
 +
*Treasurer Report
 +
** Money is being set back for insurance that needs to be paid in Nov.
 +
** We are good for next months rent.
 +
 +
* Next meeting
 +
** 4/21/09
 +
 +
*Membership Applications
 +
** 9 yay, 1 abstain for membership
 +
** 9 yay, 1 abstain for key access.
 +
 +
* Proposal/0007-Modification to membership Application ==
 +
** 7 yay, 1 nay, 1 abstain
 +
 +
* New Make Shop Space Update
 +
** Bob is going to find out about rent as donation
 +
** Also Bob is going to talk to guy on Brown St.
 +
 +
* OpenHouse
 +
** Tent in back yard, as well as a couple tables.
 +
** Been posted online in many places.
 +
** Brian going to make T-Shirts for $5 (cover costs)
 +
** Brian will also show off other printing stuff.
 +
** Photobooth will be set up.
 +
 
==Post Meeting Notes==
 
==Post Meeting Notes==
 
* Current "extra" money we have the ability to expend is $195.83 / mo
 
* Current "extra" money we have the ability to expend is $195.83 / mo

Revision as of 09:59, 25 March 2009

Date/Location

  • March 24 2008
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • Eat before, or bring food with.
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
Decide next meeting date Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary
Proposal/0007-Modification to membership Application Jeff
New Make Shop Space Update Everyone
Open House Final Review Everyone


Attendance

Discussion

Treasurers Report

  • $1000 discrepancy
  • Earmarks
    • $135 currently earmarked to pay $325 insurance on Novemeber 8th, 2009. Earmarking an additional $27.08 a month through Nov 09.
      • This is now reflected in the Earmarks tab on the Accounting spreadsheet.

Notes

Meeting Notes

  • Action Item Review
    • Bob to send email to Mog about "AL lawyer to audit form for AL caveats"
    • Bob talked to people about power tools class, needs more followup
    • JimShoe is going to move forward with the webpage, make it live.
    • JimShoe will be webmaster, with others helping
    • Finance comity will report again next month.
  • Treasurer Report
    • Money is being set back for insurance that needs to be paid in Nov.
    • We are good for next months rent.
  • Next meeting
    • 4/21/09
  • Membership Applications
    • 9 yay, 1 abstain for membership
    • 9 yay, 1 abstain for key access.
  • Proposal/0007-Modification to membership Application ==
    • 7 yay, 1 nay, 1 abstain
  • New Make Shop Space Update
    • Bob is going to find out about rent as donation
    • Also Bob is going to talk to guy on Brown St.
  • OpenHouse
    • Tent in back yard, as well as a couple tables.
    • Been posted online in many places.
    • Brian going to make T-Shirts for $5 (cover costs)
    • Brian will also show off other printing stuff.
    • Photobooth will be set up.

Post Meeting Notes

  • Current "extra" money we have the ability to expend is $195.83 / mo
    • From this we should consider budgeting for:
    • A safety net equal to 3 months of expenditures (at our current state this is a long term goal)
    • Increased lease amount
    • Increased insurance amount
    • Increased increased utility bill

What needs to be taken from this is that we cannot afford a lease increase of $150, but it seems like we could do $100. If the money is not available we may have to sacrifice things like air conditioning and heat.