Meetings/2010-05

From Makers Local 256
< Meetings
Revision as of 14:21, 18 May 2010 by Omegix (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • May 17th, 2010
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • Eat before, or bring food with.
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
Decide next meeting date Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary


Discussion

Meeting Minutes

  • 7:32 Meeting called to order by chairman.
  • 7:32 No new action items.
  • 7:32 Treasurer's report.
    • all bills paid.
    • mailbox paid for.
  • 7:34 Scott asks about hackerspace from Birmingham coming to visit.
  • 7:35 Facilities committee report.
    • Lawn mowed.
    • Shelving project, Greg and Tim are heading up construction of new shelving, they have spent $386 of their personal finances and would like donations.
    • Money can be given to Greg and Tim or put in a marked envelope in the regular donations box.
  • 7:35 New Member report.
    • new member - Phil Showers.
  • 7:37 Date of next meeting decided, June 14.
    • Jeff Cotten to take minutes
  • 7:38 Membership applications clarified, one applicant got confused.
  • 7:39 Chairman asks to discuss new projects.
    • 7:40 Scott wants to mark shelving with resistor color codes.
    • 7:40 Hackerspace meetup - date being narrowed down.
    • 7:40 Ethan is putting together a compost pile.
    • 7:42 Satyam is measuring brain waves with a Mind Flex Headset.
    • 7:45 Scott wants to start planning a cookout, could coincide with the retro gaming night already planned for July 3rd.
      • 7:45 Alice would like to have people present talks about projects when people stop by.
    • 7:50 Hanyan mentions trying to build a grill.
    • 7:50 Ethan is looking for a drum for a project.
    • 7:50 Brian has temporarily brought a printing press and will show members how to use it if interested this Saturday.
    • Recieved Shop Project Updates from: HSIS, HHO Rocet, and RC Mower
  • 7:51 Ethan wonders what members think about A/C.
    • 7:51 Breaker tripping has been a problem.
    • 7:52 Justin is going to work on it in the near future, separating shop into multiple circuits.
    • 7:54 We have a new air conditioner we can install, but the wiring will have to be done first.
  • 7:54 Meeting adjourned by Chairman.


  • Finance meeting to follow immediately after close of board meeting.


Attendance

Board

  1. Dickie Payne
  2. Matt Robinson
  3. Justin Richards
  4. Scott Morales
  5. Hanyan Wang
  6. Tim Heath
  7. Kinsey Moore
  8. Ethan Chew
  9. Brian Walker

Members

  • Jeff Cotten
  • Phil Showers
  • Raymond Nordin
  • Alice Scanland
  • Simon Heart
  • Rohan
  • Satyam

Action Items

Treasurer's Report

  • Bank has $44
  • All bills have been paid for May.
  • Mailbox is renewed
  • Donate early and often!