Meetings/2010-07

From Makers Local 256
< Meetings
Revision as of 20:08, 12 July 2010 by Mrworld (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • July 12th, 2010
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • Eat before, or bring food with.
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
Decide next meeting date Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary


Discussion

Action Items

Treasurer's Report

  • Term: June 2010
    • Income: $134
    • Donations: $786.48 (25)
    • Expenses: $1221.29
    • Net Profit: $-300.81
    • Average Donation per person: $31.4592
    • Average Expense per person: $48.8516
  • Term: July 2010
    • Income: $96.15
    • Donations: $476.81 (15)
    • Expenses: $1070.46
    • Net Profit: $-497.5
    • Average Donation per person: $31.7873333333333
    • Average Expense per person: $71.364
  • Membership
    • Currently 40
    • Newest: Erik (BrokenTrace)

Projects/Events

  • New Space Project - N-Prize/Cubesat --Spacefelix 00:30, 7 July 2010 (CDT)
  • New EWB Project - Solar Food Dryer --Spacefelix 00:30, 7 July 2010 (CDT)
  • HSIS - We are competition ready! --Spacefelix 00:30, 7 July 2010 (CDT)
  • Destructables --strages 22:34, 5 July 2010 (CDT)
  • Hacker Space Festival US in November --strages 22:34, 5 July 2010 (CDT)
  • RC Mower --Omegix 13:26, 6 July 2010 (CDT)
  • Volunteering at TEDxHuntsville --strages 16:43, 8 July 2010 (CDT)
  • Trevor Daniels - fundraising letters
  • Fundraising Attempts
    • Open House
    • LAN Party
    • Show of hands, wiki page / meetings coming soon
  • Your Project Here!

Meeting Minutes

  • 7:31 Meeting called to order by chairman
  • 7:31 Chairman reports that there are no action items
  • 7:32 Treasury Report - shop losing money
    • 7:7:32 small donations from members could make the difference
  • 7:33 Fundraising from retro gaming was not net positive
    • 7:34Generated a lot of personal interest
    • 7:34A lot of the purchases were towards food that's still good for later use
  • 7:36 Facilities Report - new director, same mission
    • 7:37 Scott offers to bring us ceiling tiles in good condition in September
    • 7:38 Upcoming projects: new shelves, shower in garage
    • 7:39 Benalene reports we an recylcle glass now, bin coming in this week
  • 7:41 Spacefelix reports on n-prize, launching an object into space for prize money
  • 7:42 CubeSat project - putting an object into earth orbit by piggybacking on another object launching, transmitting signals
  • 7:44 UAH students are building a solar food dryer, want to come to Makers Local to work on it.
  • 7:44 Satyam reports on HSIS, last official launch window August 14-28.
  • 7:46 Ray reports on destructables, new website about dismantling and taking hardware apart in wiki format, looking for member support
  • 7:48 Hackerspace Festival - evolution of last year's meetup, meets in November,
    • 7:48 Will be promoted at HOPE
    • 7:49 Working on hotel arrangements, possibility of visitors camping outside shop
  • 7:51 Ray asking for shop volunteers for TedX Huntsville, happening November 5th
    • 7:52 Ushers, assistants to run event, volunteers get admission and tshirts
    • 7:52 Talk to Ray after meeting to volunteer
  • 7:52 Brian updates about Trevor's marketing progress
    • 7:52 Hopefully submissions will be sent out this time next month
  • 7:55 Fundraising Events in the next few weeks
    • Open House, volunteer after meeting or check for wiki page soon
    • Lan party, volunteer after meeting or check for wiki page soon
  • 7:56 Other promotion ideas
    • 7:56 Nathan proposes improvements to shop accessibility, some cleaning some set up so people can get to work easier for when visitors come in
    • 7:57 Call to blog more, promote projects and what's going on at the shop
    • 7:58 Making short movies about projects submitting to youtube
    • 7:59 Members please update your personal wiki page to talk about your personal skills and what you're doing
  • 8:00 New member acknowledgement - Erik Arendall, BrokenTrace
  • 8:03 Trip to HOPE starts tomorrow
  • 8:05 Garden is growing pickles, other produce now
  • 8:05 Next meeting will be August 16 at 7:30

Notes

  • In Attendance
    • Dickie
    • Brian
    • Matt
    • Kinsey
    • Greg
    • Scott
    • Ethan
    • Benalene
    • Ray
    • Erik
    • Satyam
    • Tim
    • Bob
    • Justin
    • Nathan
    • Kinsey
    • Alice