Meetings/2011-10

From Makers Local 256
< Meetings
Revision as of 19:55, 19 October 2011 by Opticron (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • October 19, 2011
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
Decide next meeting date Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary
Upcoming Cons Brimstone


Action Items

Treasurer's Report

  • Term: September 2011
    • Donations: $70.15
    • Members: $1033.11 (35)
    • Expenses: $1175.70
    • Net Profit: $-72.44
    • Average donation per person: $29.52
    • Average expense per person: $33.59
  • Term: October 2011
    • Donations: $210
    • Members: $445.54 (17)
    • Expenses: $1036.51
    • Net Profit: $-380.97
    • Average donation per person: $26.21
    • Average estimated expense per person: $72.74

Facilities Committee

Recent Improvements

Improvement Attribution

Planned Improvements

Shelving In storage area of loft CrashCart, Enabrintain, volunteers
Insulate and wall up FabLab CrashCart and/or Enabrintain and/or volunteers (whoever gets there first)
continue new flooring in loft (long term)
clean and sort tools and main floor volunteers (dates tbd)
paint stairs (probably)

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

Discussion Topics

  • Events
    • Clean up - Oct 22 10am-??
    • Show and Tell - Oct. 26th
    • Open House - Nov. 11th
      • Please sign up on the Wiki for any of the action items, to commit to showing a project, and to commit to bringing food. We would like a list of projects we know will be there so we can advertise them.
      • Planning meeting after the meeting, hopefully Alii will have arrived.
  • Upcoming Cons
    • Phreaknic, Nov 4-6
      • Drive up on the 3rd
      • Need someone to commit to pancakes
        • Member needs to get a ticket
      • The shop gets tips
    • SkyDogCon
      • Same place and time as Phreaknic
      • Vinyl cutter booth
      • Need 4 someones to commit to 4 shifts, Friday/Saturday Morning/Afternoon
      • The shop gets 70% profits from sales of the booth
        • Need to know the names by Noon on Friday to get them the 50% off discount codes.
        • This puts the price of a ticket from $65 to $33.5

Attending

  • Tim Heath
  • Matt O'Gorman
  • Dustin Clark
  • Nathan Warner
  • Kinsey Moore
  • Raymond Nordin
  • Phil Showers
  • Greg Brown
  • Matt Robinson
  • Heather O'Gorman
  • Thomas Creighton
  • Jennifer Paulsen
  • Ethan Chew
  • Carl Sackett
  • Tycho Clendenny
  • John (potential member)

Meeting Minutes

Treasurer's report with Matt, details above.

There is a cleaning day on October 22. Phil and Tim are coordinating.

Open house on November 11th. Please sign up for 15 minute talks. We need people to commit to food for this event.

Upcoming cons are Phreaknic and SkyDogCon. We need volunteers for the vinyl cutter at SDC (50% off entry for those that participate) and a volunteer to help Matt R. with the pancake making at Phreaknic. Contact Matt Robinson for both items.

Dusty holds the election.

All people running for the election made it onto the new board. This includes:

  • Matt Robinson (treasurer)
  • Tim Heath (facilities)
  • Matt O'Gorman (chairman)
  • Nathan Warner
  • Raymond Nordin
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)

The next meeting will be held on November 16, 2011.