Meetings/2012-06

From Makers Local 256
< Meetings
Revision as of 19:50, 13 June 2012 by Opticron (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • June 13, 2012
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
Decide next meeting date Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary


Action Items

Treasurer's Report

Utility Bills

  • May: $225
  • April: $228
  • March: $174

Fundraisers

  • Amazon transactions made us $10.74
  • Pig Roast made us $255, and an additional $15 in IOUs

May

  • Term: May 2012
    • Donations: $231.74
    • Members: $1080.16 (35)
    • Expenses: $1327.04
    • Net Profit: $-15.1400000000003
    • Average donation per person: $30.8617142857143
    • Average expense per person: $35.6868571428571
  • sustain: 168.88
  • remainder: -62.8599999999997
  • [MMMMMMMMMR]R we have 105.03% for May, we need $168.88 to be sustainable

June

  • Term: June 2012
    • Donations: $279
    • Members: $701.16 (23)
    • Expenses: $1565.11
    • Net Profit: $-584.95
    • Average donation per person: $30.4852173913043
    • Average estimated expense per person: $71.4395652173913
  • sustain: 941.95
  • remainder: 662.95
  • [MMMMRR----] we have 59.65% for June, we need about $662.95

Facilities Committee

  • next clean-up-day: Jun 30th.

Upcoming Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

Discussion Topics

Attending

  • Matt O'Gorman
  • Phil Showers
  • Josh Pritt
  • John Kelly
  • Kinsey Moore
  • Matt Robinson
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Jennifer Paulsen
  • Bob Kepfler
  • Tim Heath
  • Karl Sackett
  • Dmitriy Plaks
  • Jonathan Townley
  • New guy #1
  • New guy #2
  • Tyler (prospective member)

Meeting Minutes

Action items by Phil: The 990 financial form is submitted.

Section 42 on the wiki has an inventory section. Please use it for listing tools that you have on loan to the shop.

Darpa Grant: Jerry Isdale in Hawaii is heading this up with the hackerspaces space project. He is creating an umbrella corporation and will be divvying out tasks at some point in the future.

Jeff is giving the Treasurer's report. We got a little from amazon and received in excess of $200 from the pig roast.

We still need to schedule a followup visit with the insurance agent.

The next monthly cleanup day is June 30th. Please come and help out.

Retro gaming night will occur on July 7th (pre-200 games/devices only).

Please add lessons learned from the pig roast to the wiki.

There is an informative capacitor class on June 19th.

Bob announces that we will be hosting a laser cutter class for SciQuest to teach kids about lasers, safety, and cutting/etching things. Anyone that can help out would be appreciated. Contact Bob for more information.


There was a chain mail class. It was fun.

The next meeting will be on July 11th.