Meetings/2012-09

From Makers Local 256
< Meetings
Revision as of 20:00, 13 September 2012 by Opticron (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • September 13, 2012
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
Decide next meeting date Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary
Member Grants 2012 brimstone
OMG WAT DO Omegix


Action Items

Treasurer's Report

  • Need to formally identify who is adding new members to the donation system now that Matt is moving.
  • Who is new understudy for donation system?
  • Phil is new understudy for Treasurer duties.

Finances

  • Term: August 2012
    • Donations: $1291.26
    • Members: $1071.83 (33)
    • Expenses: $1451.1
    • Net Profit: $911.99
      • Adjusted Net Profit: -$288.01 (subtracted the amount we're about to disperse as membership grants)
    • Average donation per person: $32.48
    • Average expense per person: $43.97
  • Term: September 2012
    • Donations: $30
    • Members: $559.57 (23)
    • Expenses: $1471.28
    • Net Profit: $-881.71
    • Average donation per person: $24.33
    • Average expense per person: $63.97
    • [MMMM------] we have 40.07% for September, we need $881.71

Facilities Committee

Events

Post Event Recap

  • TEDx
  • Maker Movie Madness

Upcoming Events

  • Turkey Fry (TBD)
  • Board Gaming Night, Friday Sept 21

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Barbara Attilio
  • Cash
  • Michele Faris
  • Joseph Baxley
  • Christina Wegman
  • Nik Vital

Discussion Topics

Attending

  • Nathan Warner
  • Justin Richards
  • Matt Robinson
  • Greg Brown
  • Barbara Attilio
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Tycho Clendenny
  • Karl Sackett
  • Michele Faris
  • Josh Pritt
  • John Kelly
  • Scott Morales
  • Satyam Nayak
  • Tyler Crumpton
  • Raymond Nordin
  • Kinsey Moore
  • Daniel Neilsen
  • Phil Showers
  • Jake Polatty
  • Alice Scanland

Meeting Minutes

Review of action items by Phil. Items brought to the shop should be recorded in the Section42 inventory.

Treasurer's report by Jeff.

TURN OFF THE A/C AND FANS WHEN YOU'RE NOT HERE. THEY ARE COSTING US MONEY.

Matt is moving to ATL tomorrow, so Nathan will be taking over his duties as network administrator along with help from Phil.

Josh Pritt took scrap aluminum to the recyclers and netted $21, including the tank from shasta (the trailer).

Please do not put food-related waste in the recycle bins.

There was a very good reception at TEDx and we got a lot of good face time.

Scott and Jeff are organizing a turkey fry.

The next meeting is Thursday October 11th. We will be holding board elections at the next meeting.

Member Grants 2012 voting has been solidifed! The winners are: Flooring the library (24), Fundraiser Seed Money A (15), Vending Machine Compressor (14), Shelves and Storage (14).

Josh Pritt and Scott Morales will be handling voting for the elections. Anyone who will be running should send an email to the members list.

Cake and Ice Cream and [Root ]Beer was had.