Member Grants 2012
The shop was recently donated $1,200 from DeepSouth con. This money comes without strings and we're doing ok finance wise (but don't stop donation!) so the board has decided to pass the savings on to you the member!
We've divided the money up to 4 pools of $300. We're going to use this wiki page to accept proposals to vote on what you want to do with the money. This can include shop improvements, tool purchases, anything that boosts shop moral (and is legal in the state of Alabama). Add your proposal to this page so that all will know. Make sure it includes a deadline of when this project will be completed and a detailed explanation of what you plan to do with one of the $300 pools. Feel free to include multiple proposals, but make sure they're ones that you and other named members can carry out. Each proposal should cover who, what, when, where and why.
You're encouraged to vote for the four (4) best proposals. Add your name to the Votes line for no more than four (4) proposals. Money will be allocated at the September monthly meeting.
Floor The Library
- Who: Tim and Phil
- What: Purchase and install 18 sheets of 23/32 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. OSB Tongue and Groove Flooring Board to continue reinforcing the loft floor.
- When: September 15th. Fallback date of September 1st.
- Where: Library area
- Why: This is necessary to prevent injury at the shop, and improve compliance with building codes.
- How Much: At $15.77 each, 18 sheets is $306.57 with tax. The remaining money will be shook out of the couch.
- Votes: crashcartpro, EnabrinTain