From Makers Local 256
Revision as of 13:06, 11 October 2010 by Brokentrace
- cutting area 12x12x6
- equal length parts for lead screws, and linear shafts
- few custom parts as possible
- few wood cuts as possible or in small enough sections machine can cut itself, Keep wood parts to a 2x4 sheet of half inch birch.
- single PCB for control 4x6 inch in size
- find good power supply for everything
- cuts for end stops and encoders
- larger Z platform for holding different tools, spindle, extruder, laser, router, dremel etc
- figure out good way to mount bushings and leadscrew nuts.
- possibly go to higher thread per inch lead screws
- work on X,Y,Z flexing. Look at 1/2" guide rod for increased rigidity.
- tweak 5d reprap firmware to control spindle and allow for tool changes
- write gcode for zeroing out cut area
- Keep in mind the possibility for future expansion of hardware.