From Makers Local 256
Revision as of 14:22, 26 December 2011 by Chazzam
I want a photo gallery. I would prefer No Flash, and No Java.
I want these features:
- Labels - required
- Work like albums. - A picture can thus be in multiple "albums" - this can handle Sets into Collections too. - Some will be automatically generated based on when picture was taken, but thus can be "hidden". - hidden labels exist, but may not show up anywhere until they get used somehow. I dunno, this needs more thought. - Automatically generate Year, Month, 'Year and Month' at least. - Labels will be searchable! and combinable... '2011 AND Christmas' - If we have descriptions, then these can have one. - Tag / Label cloud
- Tags - tending required
- work similarly to how they do in lots of places... you tag people/pets/things - Would really like face recognition, and then a place to review "pending tags" that haven't been assigned yet. - Would really like people/pet/things recognition in tags, so if I tag you a few times, it learns who you are and automatically tags you next time. - When adding, store a list of previously used Tags to select from so you don't always have to write it up fresh
- Search - required
- I want lots of it. - Yes, I want still more of it. - I want to search comments, descriptions, tags, labels. - Search needs to also work like a filter.
- Users - tending required
- Some stuff needs to have restricted access. - Some stuff can be open to Anonymous... - Lock out pictures/tags/descriptions/labels via user permissions
- Ratings - tending optional
- Ratings might be cool. Some way of people indicating that they "like" a picture at least. - If we have them, then we have to be able to view the highly ranked/liked ones. - Do we want "dislike" or negative rankings?
- Descriptions - tending optional
- While not required on all pictures, if we're gonna have them, they have to be simple to add and be MASS EDITABLE. - Must be able to edit descriptions on all pictures uploaded/labelled at once. One save action for all. - Need some way of storing Descriptions for Labels. - While we're at it, we might can store Descriptions for Tags too... at least for Pet/Thing tags... - Dang it, now we need to lock descriptions down to user-level permissions too...
- Mass Upload - required
- Ability to upload .zip, .tar.gz, etc... - Allow Users to do this?
- LAN Upload / Monitoring - tending required
- Can scan/host from local folder over LAN (mounted filesystems, even if non-local?) - Can poll the folder for updates periodically
- Single Upload - tending required
- Allow Users to upload photos - Allow modifying thumbnail, description, labels, tags, etc.
- Comments - tending optional
- Allow users to post comments - Allow anonymous to post comments? - Have some captcha system when anonymous?
- Thumbnails - required
- Automatically generate on mass/single upload - Allow editing via selecting sub-region (single upload and go-back-edits) - How / where are they stored?
- More stuff as I think of it or get frustrated by how something works...