Pig Roast 2009
From Makers Local 256
Revision as of 10:51, 27 January 2010 by Ratmandu
This page contains example text of good things to know for an event
Basic Event Information
- Name: "Geek Eats: Pig Roast"
- Organizer\POC: Omegix 11:03, 8 December 2009 (CST)
- Date: 11/20
- Time: 1PM
- Location: Make Shop
- Cost to Attend: $10 / person, or $15 for two people.
- February 20 2010, 1:00pm - 3:00pm: Geek Eats Pig Roast
We gunna roast a pig. Mardis Gras Theme.
- Roasted Pig
Pot Luck Noms
- Beans (Spacefelix can get some)
- Potato Salad (Spacefelix can get some)
- Jambalaya (Preaux can get access to propane burner and pot)
- Alii will make bananas foster on site.
- MrWorld will bring sweet potatoes
- Ratmandu will bring horse pop
- Gotta setup rotisserie
- Hook up motor to automate rotisserie
- Preaux welded together the first half of the Rotisserie on 1/21/09
- First rotisserie meetup is for 1/23/2010
- Need to build pit (Preaux recommends having this built two weeks before event: 2/7/09)
- Need to purchase charcoal
- Need to check with the Health Department about serving food (Alii will look into this)
- Preauxphoto and Ratmandu have built the spit for the pig, as well as the A-frames to rest it on ~Jan 22, Jan 23
- Omegix, MrWorld, Brimstone, and Ratmandu have obtained bricks for the pit ~Jan 23
- Pig (Preaux can get a 40-50lb pig for about $150. Needs the money by the day-before, so probably going to get him cash by Feb 13th.)
- We can recoop the cost of the pig by charging about $7 a head for the event.
- Jeff can cover $50 up front costs for the pig. Need to cover an additional $50
- Brian can cover $50 up front costs for the pig.
- Opticron can cover $50 up front costs for the pig.
- Preaux is arranging pickup and transport of pig to the event.
- Preaux has access to a rotisserie
- Charcoal $50
- Charcoal needs a financial sponsor
- if you can supply any of these items please do so
- Meat Thermometer to ensure 170º Internal Temperature
- " Burn Barrel" container to start coals in AKA. metal 5gal bucket
- Chicken wire for tying pig to rotisserie spit.
- Cinder blocks (may be able to get bricks from next door to the shop)
- Charcoal (10lbs of charcoal per hour of cooking. 1 hour of cooking per 10lbs of pig. So 50lb pig will require 50lb of charcoal. Assuming $70 in charcoal, need to get actual price from wal-mart)
- IRC Channel Topic
(Anything in here needs a volunteer associated, or we can assume it won't be done)
- Announce List - jeff
- Web Page - jeff (at least one week before on Feb 13th?)
- NPR - Korc may have a contact at NPR. Jeff has dropped Korc an email Omegix 14:01, 26 January 2010 (CST)
- News Paper
- Fliers - brian is working on a flier