- Call To Vote Date: 20:46, 22 July 2008 (CDT)
- Voting Period Shall end in 1 week from Call to Vote date.
- Called by: Gregabyte 20:46, 22 July 2008 (CDT)
- Seconded by:
This proposal is for getting a table at the Huntsville Hamfest in order to get our name out into the public and try to drum up support.
I propose that we get a table at the Hamfest. We can pass out pamphlets and flyers to show who we are and what we do. We can demonstrate projects.
- August 16 & 17
- $30 for unpowered 8'x30" table
- $70 for powered table
- Most likely will not want us to move tables so large projects like the photobooth wont be useful here. Instead we could use movies and pictures.
- $6 admission
- We can use the table as a base of operations for browsing the fleamarket
- We can also use another table to sell stuff
- More info
- Are you proposing a powered or unpowered table? --Brimstone 20:50, 22 July 2008 (CDT)
- I would go with unpowered table. We can use laptops and LCDs for any presentations. We want to work within the hamfest rules, not push them. That is why I would not recommend any big projects. --Gregabyte 20:59, 22 July 2008 (CDT)
- I think if we plan on giving out flyers there, our address and maybe the date of the next open house should be on the flyers. --JimShoe 08:31, 23 July 2008 (CDT)
- Is this something out group will fit into, or are we going to stick out like a sore thumb? I don't know, I have never been to a hamfest before. I just felt like the question needed to be asked. --JimShoe 08:31, 23 July 2008 (CDT)
- We will stick out but that is not a bad thing. Most of the tables there are essentially junk dealers. Think of every flea market you've been to but give it a techy twist. As long as we are not obnoxious we should be fine. --Gregabyte 01:35, 26 July 2008 (CDT)
- Is the price quoted on the tables for one day, or both days? --Nykodemus 08:42, 23 July 2008 (CDT)
- Pretty sure it's for both days. --Gregabyte 01:35, 26 July 2008 (CDT)