From Makers Local 256
Revision as of 14:46, 1 April 2011 by Benalene
Soap Making Overview
We are actually going to make soap, not just "hack" soap!
- Lye: $10/2lbs from Tractor supply, or $5/2lbs online (+shipping) (can also buy in bulk online and save$$)
- Olive oil: need to look up prices for pure (not EVOO) olive oil
- Optional oils: Coconut, palm. These oils make good soap, too, but are more expensive.
- Glass bowl for lye
- Stainless steel container big enough for the entire batch
- Wooden spoons
- Honey - Helps keep moisture in the skin
- Oatmeal - Can act as an exfoliant, also good for skin problems
- Essential Oils - (see below) - can be found at Hobby Lobby or health food stores
- Shea Butter - can be found at Hobby Lobby