From Makers Local 256
Revision as of 16:50, 3 August 2011 by Jimshoe
- There's a Grainger in town apparently http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=grainger+huntsville,+al&sll=34.746527,-86.631339&sspn=0.001459,0.003449&ie=UTF8&hq=grainger&hnear=Huntsville,+Madison,+Alabama&ll=34.764038,-86.631145&spn=0.046678,0.110378&t=h&z=13&iwloc=A
- Phil: BTW - I did check out Lowes, sadly no luck.
- Phil: I'll call Grainger on Monday (27 SEP 10).
- Phil: Apparently you need an account for Grainger to do a special order. Luckily Mamma B (my employer) has just such an account for employees, so Grainger is now looking for a supplier from which to order 8mm Bar Stock and Threaded Stock.
- Phil: Bad News from Grainger: None of their suppliers could source metric sized bar stock. (3 OCT 10)
- Looks like the ball's back in our court...
- Phil: Success! McMaster-Carr has the Bar stock in regular steel - you just have to already know the part number(because their inventory search is impossible) (3 OCT 10)
- 88625K67 x3 1y Rod Stock
- 98861A080 x9 1m Threaded Bar Stock