The Makers Local 256 will be holding board elections at the upcoming General Meeting next week, which will be Tuesday 10/20.
Here’s some important changes that came with the new bylaws: http://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/index.php/Bylaws
- Board and Officer terms are for 6 months
- The size of the board is no longer restricted to 10 members, it can be as small as three, or as large as needs be.
- To be elected to the board, you must receive at least 50% ‘yay’ votes from those voting.
- To be elected, you must have been a member for at least three consecutive months preceding the election
- Only members may vote in the board elections.
Voting will be secret ballot.