Hosting an event
So you want to host an event, huh?
How to do it
1. Make a wiki page about your event. You NEED to do this so that your event appears on the ML256 event calendar. If you do any single thing, do this one.
- a. Go here and copy the entire contents of the edit box to your clipboard.
- b. Type the name of your event into the Search field on the left side of the Wiki and press enter.
- c. An option will appear to "Create the page 'whatever' on this wiki!" Click on the name of your page to create it.
- d. Paste your clipboard into the edit box, and change all the stuff to match your event.
- e. Click "Save page."
2. Make a Facebook event for your event. (This step is optional, but recommended.)
- a. Go here and click the Create Event button.
- If you don't have a Create Event button on that page, find someone who does.
- If you can't find anyone who does, email email@example.com so one of the admins can help you.
- b. Fill in stuff. Make the event. Know what I'm talking about?
- c. If you need an image, try asking firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
3. Make a Makers Local blog post about your event. (This step is optional, but recommended.)
- a. Go here.
- b. Write stuff. Attach images. You know, stuff like that.
- c. Click "Preview" and see whatcha got.
- d. Click "Publish" to make it public.
4. Use the list below to advertise to other places, if you want.
Suggestions on where to advertise
- general-announce Email List
- Geek Out Huntsville (Facebook Group)
- WLRH \ NPR Service Announcement - Email email@example.com and Brett will set up an appointment to do a PSA
- Our Valley Events Calendar
- White Board @ Shop
- These places Don't Accept Fliers
- Trailhead Bike Shop (Stand Alone Building @ Lowe Mill)
- The Deep Game Store (On Memorial Parkway)
- End Zone
- Furniture Factory (5 Points)
- Michaels (Airport Rd Break Room)
- Olde Towne Coffee
- Angel’s Island Coffee
- Straight to Ale (Leaman Ferry & Campus 805)
- Salty Nut
- Liquor Express (5 Points)
- Lone Goose Salloon (Campus 805)
- Lowe Mill (Outside community board)
- Lumberyard (5 Points)
- Piper and Leaf (Lowe Mill)
- Plamour Lanes (Memorial pkwy)
- Black Bear
- Old Town Coffee
- Blue Pants Brewery
- Rocket Republic
- Wish You Were Beer (Campus 805)
- Madison Ballroom
- Madison Children Theater
- Home Depot
- Warhammer game store (Airport)
- Bike Shop
- Rooster's Coffee