Hackerspace Digest/HSD 0011
- 11th Show.
- Recording time: ? 8pm
- Introduction - who, what, when, where, why
- Update on what Makers Local 256 is doing.
- Thats all folks
This is Hackerspace Digest episode number 11 for ?, 2011, semi-weekly podcast recorded by member of Makers Local 256 in Huntsville, Al. Check out makerslocal.org for more information about us. I am (realname) also know as (online_name) online, (rest of people fill in starting to left of the main host).
- This episode of Hackerspace Digest is brought to you in part by Preston's Pistol and Prozium. Use the coupon code MAKERS for your first free Gun Katta Introductory Course.
Makers Local 256 update
- Pig Roast
- LAN Party
- Alpha one Labs' Donate to Motivate Campaign - brimstone
- Harford Hackerspace's Tron Identity Disc Mod - brimstone
- Baltimore, MD don't mess this one up Matt
- Based on netduino, which is arduino but uses .NET framework, MAX7219, 33 LEDs
- Phillip Torrone's The Arduino won - brimstone
- He's one half of Adafruit
- Accessibility: "If you want to make an LED blink or a motor move without using an Arduino, good luck if you’re an artist or designer."
- IDE, Driver and Serial interface "Just work"
- "The board was not designed by a chip maker"
- It's Cheap
- OSS + OSH allow for knock-offs and entrance into schools.
- "Within the next 5 to 10 years, the Arduino will be used in every school to teach electronics and physical computing"
- Arduino: The Documentary - brimstone
- Rodrigo Calvo and Raúl Aleges
- Tokyo Hackerspace helps the relief effort in Japan -CrashCart
- Seeed help the effort to create an Open Source Radiation Detector
Random Wiki Finds
Thank you for listening. If you questions, comments, basically, we want to hear your thoughts. We'd love to hear from our listeners, please drop in irc, #makerslocal on freenode, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you can find out everything about Makers Local 256 on makerslocal.org. Have a good one.
Hackerspace Digest is a production of Makers Local 256. Hackerspace Digest is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike 3.0 Unported license (CC-By-SA-3.0 Unported).