Archives/Shop 3.0/Hackerspace Digest/HSD 0016 2011-11-05
- 16th Show.
- Recording time: November 5th, 2011
- Introduction - who, what, when, where, why
- Update on what Makers Local 256 is doing.
- Thats all folks
This is Hackerspace Digest episode number 16 for November 5th, 2011. Hackerspace Digest is a semi-weekly podcast recorded by member of Makers Local 256 in Huntsville, Al. Check out makerslocal.org for more information about us. I am (realname) also know as (online_name) online, (rest of people fill in starting to left of the main host).
Makers Local 256 update
- open house
- Dale Dougherty of Make Magazine talks to a White House panel called "Champion of Change"
- adafruit article
- pointing out the innovation and education coming from the "Maker Movement"
I wanted to point out some neat projects from other spaces - CrashCart
- Annoy your sound guy with a noise plug
- Shackspace in stuttgart
- ATtiny9 microcontroller, RCA plug, and a watch battery
- Runs one line of C code to produce algorithmic "music"
- Plate steal "lawyer art"
- TX/RX labs in Houston Texas
- 3/16″ plate steel with the faces of various lawyers cut into them with a CNC Plasma Torch
- Improvised Pen Plotter
- Interlock in Rochester New York
- "this machine is a hack, on top of a kludge, wrapped in a cob-job."
- OpenCV to trace pics form a webcam
- Arduino with a couple Polulu stepper drivers
- dot matrix print feeder
- Zac Manchester's Kickstarter for a super tiny cubesat --brimstone
- graduate student in Aerospace Engineering at Cornell University.
- $300+ your name on a Sprite
- $1000+ your own Sprite kit.
- Free launch via NASA's ELaNa CubeSat program
- Hive13's light up bathroom --brimstone
- Processing based
- inspired from blinknlights
- Android/iOS based app to control it
Random Wiki Finds
- Netherlands-based Bitlair hackerspace vetoes music --brimstone
- ties in with mpd
- arduino pro mini
- 433MHz transmitter
Thank you for listening. If you questions, comments, or basically anything, we want to hear your thoughts. Please drop in irc, #makerslocal on freenode, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org You can find out everything about Makers Local 256 on makerslocal.org. Have a good one.
Hackerspace Digest is a production of Makers Local 256. Hackerspace Digest is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike 3.0 Unported license (CC-By-SA-3.0 Unported).