Archives/Shop 3.0/Hackerspace Digest/HSD 0018 2011-11-30
- 18th Show.
- Recording time: November 30th, 2011
- Introduction - who, what, when, where, why
- Update on what Makers Local 256 is doing.
- Thats all folks
This is Hackerspace Digest episode number 18 for November 30th, 2011. Hackerspace Digest is a biweekly podcast recorded by member of Makers Local 256 in Huntsville, Al. Check out makerslocal.org for more information about us. I am (realname) also know as (online_name) online, (rest of people fill in starting to left of the main host).
Makers Local 256 update
- HACK ALL THE SPACES is a podcast from the Nottingham Hackerspace.
- Jarvis opens the door at Hackerspace in Patras, Greece
- BBoD (Big Button of Doom)
- computer controlled
- The makers in Milwaukee built a B.A.D.A.S.S. system to secure their kegerator.
- Make: Live’s Hackerspace Roadshow II
- Heatsync labs has a video of their RFID lock
- extend & logout buttons
- Make has a category for events which has a lot of Hackerspace Happenings for a ton more stories.
- show last night. more to come?
- Government leadership in Shanghai wants to build 100 community hackerspaces funded by the Chinese government
- Shapeways has opened a production site in the US
- Shapeways is a company that will print/mill/mold your 3d object from file
- Their first production center is in The Netherlands.
Random Wiki Finds
- Spacemon irc bot for Pumping Station 1
- Bot that displays how active the shop is.
- Noisebridge Quotes Quotes page
Thank you for listening. If you questions, comments, or basically anything, we want to hear your thoughts. Please drop in irc, #makerslocal on freenode, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org You can find out everything about Makers Local 256 on makerslocal.org. Have a good one.
Hackerspace Digest is a production of Makers Local 256. Hackerspace Digest is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike 3.0 Unported license (CC-By-SA-3.0 Unported).