This would be an online interactive map that would allow members of an organization that submit their contact info to have their general location published. This would be modeled specifically for ASMS, but could be expanded for other organizations.
- DB (what DB does ASMS currently use? Probably an excel spreadsheet. )
- Could host on AsmsAlumni.org server
- Could host on an ASMS server
- Could host privately
- Map Display Tool
- is google maps an option?
- GoogleEarth for chrome may only display locations if you have a locations kml file on your local machine.
- User Location Submission
- Do location submissions need to be personally vetted? If so, by who?
- Provide a way for site visitors to send contact info to people they want to contact?
Open Street Maps (OSM)
- Open Layers will let you add points of interest: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Openlayers_POI_layer_example
- Would have to write a script to translate DB entries into the POI text file
- Class Year
- First, Last, Maiden
- City, State, Country