Archives/Shop 3.0/Hackerspace Digest/HSD 0031 2012-09-27
- 31th Show.
- Recording time: Spetember 28th 9pm
- Introduction - who, what, when, where, why
- Update on what Makers Local 256 is doing.
- Thats all folks
This is Hackerspace Digest episode number 30 recorded on August 23nd 2012. Hackerspace Digest is a fortnightly podcast recorded by members of Makers Local 256 in Huntsville, Al. Check out makerslocal.org for more information about us. I am (realname) also know as (online_name) online, (rest of people fill in starting to left of the main host).
Makers Local 256 update
- Makers go to TEDx
- Makers go to Dragoncon
- First successful sand casting (aluminum shot glass)
- Successful melting and pouring of copper
- A new 3d printer store and hackerspace open in pasadena.
- Very nice active cloud chamber instructions on LVL1's wiki.
- A cloud chamber is a way of visualizing ionizing radiation (alpha or beta particles)
- SpaceGAMBIT (http://www.spacegambit.org/) has received funding from DARPA for an international hackerspace space program.
Random Wiki Finds
- World Maker Faire Sep 29th and 30th
- RFID Jewelry Hackfest! Sept 29th @ 2pm – 6pm
- Mini Maker Faire Atlanta Oct 6th
Thank you for listening. If you have any questions, comments, or basically anything, we want to hear your thoughts. You can find us on the Freenode IRC network in #makerslocal, or you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org You can find out anything about us on makerslocal.org. Have a good one.
Hackerspace Digest is a production of Makers Local 256. Hackerspace Digest is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike 3.0 Unported license (CC-By-SA-3.0 Unported).
The music was lagoon by subatomicglue available on Jamendo which is licensed CC BY-SA 2.5