From Makers Local 256
Self contained voip system with the ability to act as an Asterisk server, if need be, and connects via wifi.
- Purchase a couple of payphones off eBay.
- Strip to bare minimum to cut down on weight while maintaining phone functions and external appearance.
- Purchase small(light weight) UPSs for power.
- Purchase Asterisk Appliance.
- Make Asterisk Appliance wireless capable.
- Wire internal phone components in payphone to rj-11 cable for connecting to the Asterisk Appliance.
- Attach durable but comfortable straps to payphones.
- Take them to cons and enjoy.