(There's also a sign up sheet at the Shop on the corkboard)
Meeting 1 (12/17/08@1900): General Interest
Well the first meeting went kind of as expected small turn out with a lot of ideas being thrown around. we have decided to walk before we run by making a small (<12 lb.) bot to start off with. thanks to generous donations from Rick of Huntsville Computer we have the basic frame of our first small bot. it consists of 2 Generic 12 volt drill motors with 4" wheels, 2 victor 883 speed controllers and a futaba controller and receiver on a aluminum plate.
Meeting 2 (1/9/09@2000): Design Brainstorming
Please have some ideas drawn up and, if you have time, have some sort of prototype or proof of concept ready for this meeting.
Please include your signature on these so we get a proper date/time. There is a button for it at the top.
- Preauxphoto has volunteered to be team lead on this project
- Preauxphoto completely re-wired and modified the chassis to allow hard mounting of the components to the base plate for testing and design.
- It looks like we will need a charger for the RC system as well as a new battery(4.6v) for the receiver.
- It wont hold a charge for the charger that Preauxphoto has.
- Preauxphoto gave chassis a functional check and everything seems to be in working order.
- Reorganized page into something usable and sane --Opticron 11:46, 31 December 2008 (CST)
To Do List/Scratchpad
- Draw up designs and proofs of concept for the next meeting.
- Design and test a weapons system.
- Nail down the exact design of the bot we want to build.
- Body Shape
- Body design will be dictated by choice of weaponry.
- Body Shape
"Can CrushR?" by Strages