Bookmark Cloud Firefox Extension
Use bookmarks to make a tag cloud. The only difference would be, there are no tags, instead the actual links to the site are used. This way bookmarks you visit more frequently are in bigger text and easier to find. This might be a good as a start page for you browser. Either as a remote page or local page.
- I would like to implement this as a Firefox extension and have it create a local start page for new tabs and windows.
- Have an option for separating folder into their own clouds.
- Maybe combine it with del.icio.us bookmarks. Have separate or combined clouds.
- Looks like Firefox 3.0 will have a better bookmark system. It will be using sqlite. This may make things easier. Seems like the extension need to do two things.
- Hook into the bookmark system and record the number of times a bookmark is clicked. This can be saved in the new sqlight database.
- Use the added number of clicks to display a tag cloud. This data can be pulled from the sqlite db.
It looks as thought people have started to think about making the start page of Firefox more useful. That is all I really wanted. I"m putting this project on the dead page for now. If nothing good comes from other works, I might try to pull this off. --JimShoe 15:23, 24 April 2009 (CDT)