Basic Event Information
- Name: ChainMail Class
- Teacher: Jessica Garcia
- Logistics: Jeff Cotten
- Date: Tuesday, June 5th
- Time: 7:00 PM
- Location: Make Shop
- Cost to Attend: $10 / $30
Jessica Garcia is a local chainmail artist who has offered to teach an introductory course on making chainmail to the community.
The class will teach how to create Queen's Mail using "iridescent gunmetal" and silver rings, and will include a clasp.
Examples of Queen's Mail:
- https://www.etsy.com/transaction/69568001 <--- Black & Silver
The cost of the class is $10 for materials, though you will need two flat nosed pliers for tools. You can pick these up at Jo-Anns for about $10 each, or Omegix can pick them up for you before the class and you can reimburse him day-of.
- Harbor Freight has them for about $3-4 if you're interested in saving some money. http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/pliers.html
RSVP / Coming
Bringing their own Pliers
- EnabrinTain (maybe (contingent on date/time))
- Candleknight | Contingent on date/time | can also bring other chainmail supplies and some spare pliers if need be
- Facebook Event https://www.facebook.com/events/121767554627196/
- General E-Mail List
Not Yet Advertised To
- Livejournal Huntsville Community
- Makers Local Web Page
- WLRH \ NPR Service Announcement - (256) 895-9574- ask for Robert or Beth and tell them you want to do a PSA.