DIY Spot Welder
So I really like the simplicity of this. So I'm building one. I took apart a random microwave I found in the Electronics Storage Area and rescued its transformer. A bout with the cutoff tool and drill press (oh and a flat-head screwdriver and rubber mallet), and the transformer is freed of its secondary!
- Take apart Microwave. (Harvest all the fun parts)
- Cut/Drill out the Secondary coil.
- Acquire Low gauge wire for secondary. (Went with 6 guage)
- Hook it all up and try not to kill self.
- Plugged it up to this to lower its "Likelihood to Kill Phil ratio"
- Experimenting with Jig designs