Ever wanted to know what parts you could get out of an old Walkman before you took it apart? How about what stuff you could scavenge a specific part from? Then this is the website for you. The input format being like instructables.com, but for taking things apart with the bonus being indexed parts!
Use mediawiki with semantic mediawiki and semantic forms extensions. Semantic mediawiki to aid in the indexing of parts and semantic forms to give everyone an easy way to input information while using the properties and types already in use.
- Reinstalled mediawiki and installed semantic bundle which contains semantic mediawiki, semantic forms, and many other extensions that are related and useful. Still very much in the sandbox stages, but we're back to making progress again. --strages 15:11, 27 July 2011 (CDT)
- Installed mediawiki with semantic mediawiki extensions on my site, strages.net, to use as a sandbox of sorts before moving to making the actual site. Made some decent progress on indexing some information and running some simple queries. Haven't moved on to working with forms yet. I'm looking for folks to add data to the sandbox and learn this with me. --strages 20:28, 28 June 2010 (CDT)
- Justin mentioned that octoparts.com has an API that's open for finding datasheets on parts.
- Finalized concept with David and we're working on forms and templates toward a public release.
- Domain has been purchases, directed, and we're currently waiting on hosting.