From Makers Local 256
- October 28 2008
- Eat before, or bring food with.
|Fire Extinguisher Reimbursement ($49.97)||Omegix|
|USB Servo Equipment Reimbursement (Cost about $60, Asking for $48)||Omegix|
|Discuss Open House||JimShoe && Everyone|
|Set cleaning day for Open House||Everyone|
|Do we need a sign?||JimShoe|
|Review of Action Items||Everyone|
|Phone availability \ liability||Omegix|
- Fire Extinguisher Reimbursement
- I believe Mog said to let him know how much the fire extinguisher was and he would give us a check.--JimShoe 09:50, 28 October 2008 (CDT)
- Discuss Open House
- I think we need to have a flyer by this weekend. Maybe Sat. go around hanging some up. --JimShoe 09:50, 28 October 2008 (CDT)
- Being listed in Valley Planet, next issue goes out right before Open House.
- PSA is being recorded Wed.
- Transcript: Do you like to Tinker? Does your concept of “Hacking” reach beyond just software? You might be part of a burgeoning movement of “Makers.” Part “gear-head”, inventor, techie, and artist with a dash of mad scientist. Maker’s Local #256 has recently formed to support those urges. We will be hosting an open house and “Junk-Box Swap-Meet” November 15th from noon-4. Come meet the gang, while you swap motor’s and modems, pulleys and printers for wires and winches, relays and rheostats. But please . . . no CRT’s. 3409 Governor’s Drive, a little blue house across from the Inergi Building. ###-####""--JimShoe 09:50, 28 October 2008 (CDT)
- Print up some more Tri-Fold flyers.
- Print some more Business cards.
- Do we need a sign?
- It was something Chris Dayton brought up to me. He also offered to help make one. I personally think it would be a good idea for open houses, but not as an everyday thing, as this would imply a business like environment. --JimShoe 09:50, 28 October 2008 (CDT)
- 501 c3 status:
- Corydon said they got theirs back within a month. omegix said to expect something in January
- Fire Extinguisher Reimbursement- Mog donates cash, cash flows to srsly_sara
- USB Servo Equipment Reimbursement- omegix
- Project Reimbursement is a community/bootstrap thing. In general reimbursement is a vote by vote basis.
- Dave will cut check for ~48
- Discuss Open House- Nov 15
- PSA has been recorded, Valley Planet, etc.
- Flyer by this weekend, put them up. Modify the trifold slightly. strages will edit flyer. brimstone will print stuffs.
- Swap meet time 12-4. 1 session of cooking after 4. korc will help to cook. we'll work it out later.
- Swap meet: Clean off tables.
- Cleaning Day- Sunday November 9.
- Do we need a ML 256 sign? like the google pin except with our logo. Chris said he'd help this weekend.
- korc says think about it adnd think about design
- Chris and some others will be coming by Thursday 7:30 to talk about stuff, flyers, and sign.
- Action Items: Insurance companies usually have waivers you can use. need to have insurance before
- why have ewaivers if we don't have insurance?
- chris gave the name of a lawyer R. David McDowell
- when is meeting ? Nov 18 Tuesday 7:30
- Annual Meeting elections post poned until nov meeting
- omegix made a membership application form
- we voted on it
- meeting ended 8:53