From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • May 26 2009
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • Eat before, or bring food with.
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary
Meaning of inactive membership Jeff
Vote on New Members Nathan
Group projects / Betterment of the space Matt R
Private/Public Classes Matt R
Corrections to Section 7 — Officers and Duties of the Bylaws Raymond



  1. Meaning of Inactive Membership
    • There are currently regular (non board, non charter) members who are inactive, meaning that they have not contributed philanthropically to the organization in over 2 months. From past meetings, although we have not altered the Bylaws to say so, we consider these members to be inactive. We have not established what inactive entails. In past meetings we've been in agreement that this at least means removing the key for keyed members. What about LDAP? Donation request system? anything else?
    • Section 4 — Resignation and termination: "A non Charter Member can have their membership terminated by a majority vote of the membership."
  2. New Members
    • Wayne Neumaier
    • Simon Hart
  3. Group Projects
    • Last weekend a month for solely group projects, preferred Betterment of the Space
  4. Betterment of the Space
    • See 203BrownSt for more information
    • We're going to stick with this layout until Nov 2009 meeting

Membership Applications


Review of Action Items

  • Nathan is going to email Mog about the AL lawyer
  • power tools class is going to be changed into intro to shop class. -- bob
  • power bolt one can be removed.
  • Call Scott about insurance.
  • Bob is going to call about plumbing.
  • Figure out all of the members who have not been contributing.
    • 3 months of in activity
    • propose amendment to bylaws

Treasurer's Report

  • we have enough to pay for bills.
  • going to contact old landlord about deposit
  • Sara still hasn't gotten money from power co.
  • $1261
  • Jeff needs to check is boxes more.
  • bills in donation box

Decide next meeting date

  • June 23rd 2009

Membership Applications

  • Wayne Neumaier - 7 yays
  • Simon Hart - 7 yays

Meaning of inactive membership

  • Members are either members or not.
  • Board votes to remove a member.
  • Randy - 10 yays
  • Mac - 10 yays

Group projects / Betterment of the space

  • Matt suggests, last Saturday to spend time to work on shop.
  • or group projects
  • like the meeting once a month
  • set up
  • Convert corner closet to a shower - yes
  • Use the pantry as such - no stay server room
  • Install a electric oven\stove. - yes
  • Knock out one if not both of the windows and replace them with glass/lexan and blinds instead. - yes
  • Predominant work and learning area. It will remain mostly clear except for 4 large work tables and large active projects in need of space. - yes
  • A table dedicated for electronics work. - going to make a wiki page for what is needed - yes
  • A mostly permanent projector and screen/wall used especially for classes/presentation. but could easily display schematics and notes while working - keep wall clean, media cart
  • General chill out space, used for hanging out more so than working on projects. It is in need of lighting. - yes
  • Something to move air, maybe permanent box fans? - yes
  • A piece of plywood, flat on the floor, attached to the staircase on one side and a 2x4 on the other. This 2x4 holds the bottom edge of the wood from sliding away from the staircase. - yes
  • Consider further padding of metal ceiling rafters to prevent ouchie-boo-boos. - yes
  • Tools (in general) will reside here. Wood working and welding will occur in the space in front of the garage door (preferably with it open) or outside. - yes
  • Arranged with non-electronic supplies to the left and electronics in the middle "devolving" into electronic components to the far right. - yes
  • Stairs will be built to the immediate right next to the entrance of the storage room for access to the loft. This loft will be our library space containing bookshelves a table in the center and a few chairs. Railing will be installed on this loft same as the one above the kitchen. - look into stairs/ladder type deal, angle ladder
  • Likely be used for storing items such as the engraver, plotter, computer cart, etc for use either in that room or to be brought out into the main area and returned when not in use. - yes
  • Setup 3 to 4 small personal areas for no more than a weeks use. - 3 months yes

Private/Public Classes

  • Matt knows a guy who wants to do an Arduino talk
  • Greg weekly class for a month

Corrections to Section 7 -- Officers and Duties of the Bylaw

  • There shall be an Executive Committee that comprises of the Chair, secretary, and treasurer.
  • replace Executive Committee to Officers of the Board - 8 yays

Who was here

  • Jeff
  • Matt
  • Sara
  • David
  • Raymond
  • Dickie
  • Greg
  • Wayne
  • Ethan
  • I-Mod
  • Nathan
  • Bob
  • Tim
  • Justin