Meetings/2009-09

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • September 22, 2009
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • Eat before, or bring food with.
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
Decide next meeting date Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary
Keyed Access Requests Secretery
Bylaws Committee Update Dickie
October Elections Omegix
Big Spring Jam Update Jimshoe
Arduino Class brimstone
Phreaknic Pancakes brimstone


Discussion

Action Items

  • Need group for hanging Makers Local sign
  • Do we want to do anything with the wood panel covering the window (as in paint our logo on it)?
  • We need a "last to lock up" checklist for the shop that needs to be posted on the front door. The task of creating and posting this list needs to be delegated to one member. Turning off of air conditioning equipment needs to be on this checklist.
    • Has this been a problem so far? I don't think it has been. Also, the one at the old shop didn't do anything. --Jimshoe 11:10, 17 September 2009 (CDT)
      • It helps more than hurts and takes 5 minutes to put up. --CrashCart 20:50, 21 September 2009 (CDT)

New Members

Keyed Access

Treasurer's Report

Doom Update

  • As of 7-15-09, our rent increased to $1000 / mo. This makes our income -$25 / mo.
    • Request those present at the board meeting to give their pocket change.

Coffers

(As of 9/22/09)

  • Bank Balance: $1,466.39
  • After Next Deposit: $1,741.39

Collected Earmarks / Specific Fundraising

  • Ladder $0 <-we now have this thanks Spacefelix
  • CNC \ RepRap $0 <-we now have something thanks to Strages
  • Projector $40 <-we now have some thanks to Brimstone?
  • Insurance $135.42

Inactive Membership

'Active' => Whether their pledge was in on time.
'Late' => Pledge was not contributed
'Inactive' => Membership needs to be evaluated.

  • Total Members: 32
  • Active Members: 30
  • Late Members (Total): 11
    • 1 month behind: 7
    • 2 months behind: 4
    • 3 months\Inactive: 0

Misc

  • Need to confirm that Tabitha Hardcastle's LDAP\Donation reminder is turned off
  • Donation System: Extra column on Ethan Chew row, need to ask Brimstone
  • Receipt book at the shop.

Facilities Committee Report

Announcements

  • Thanks to all who helped out with preparing for and cleaning up after the Hackerspaces Meetup.
  • Announcement on recycling bins - We have set up bins in the kitchen, you can recycle the following given that it is not food stained (if it is, it must be washed or sealable; like a bottle, can or jar, this is to avoid attracting vermin):
    • Soft and hard plastic
    • Paper
    • Cardboard
    • Glass - Please don't drop it into the bin hard or it will shatter = Broken glass hazard.
    • Styrofoam
  • Where is the lid for the trash can? Needs to be sealed to avoid attracting vermin.
  • Adding a 'white tag' to the dot system for salvage - For anything donated to the shop or given a dot for salvage, please use the provided white tag to write down if the item is working, what needs to be repaired or what can be salvaged.

Status

  • Bee Elimination - Poison apparently working. What is the status of looking in to having them taken away by a beekeeper?
    • MrWorld has called both of the numbers a few times, one is not interested, the other doesn't pick up his phone.
  • Toilet - When are we going to have it fixed? Is our current method of using the drain king enough? Is there need for help on this?
  • Lights - Have a ladder (can end ladder fund), will get the garage and equipment room lights working. Can we leave the lights in the main room as they are? Can't find more ballasts for them and uses less energy = money savings.
  • Storage Room Loft - How comes it? Safe to use loft space for storage and library? Also, insurance policy vs ladder; what is going on with that and getting a ladder for the loft?

Need People To Help Out

Need people to help with the following:

  • Waste Disposal
    • Garbage - Crowdshare - Need people with trash bag carrying capacity and dumpster access.
    • Recycling
      • General - spacefelix <- Could use occasional help.
      • Aluminum - korc & brimstone <- Need help?
      • Steel & Copper <- Need people and a place to recycle
      • Electronics
    • Toxic
  • Lawn Care <- Who has lawn gear? Also, have our own that needs to be checked out.
  • Stocking - Omegix
  • Truck and Hauling
  • Salvage Management
  • Cleaning - General, pre and post events.
  • Building Repair and Maintenance - korc, Opticron & spacefelix

Equipment Requests & Acquisitions

  • We now have a 10-ft freestanding ladder.
  • Is the extendable leaning ladder ours or on loan?
  • Any equipment requests?

October Elections

Need to identify what needs to be coordinated and who is coordinating upcoming elections. How should the future adoption of the new bylaws impact the election? Do we postpone it until the bylaws are in place?

Big Spring Jam

  • Big Spring Jam
    • Are we still doing this?
    • Who is working parking at the shop?
    • Who is working the drink booth and when?

Arduino Class

  • Mike is still willing to teach a class for us. He's done a sample video here: http://spiceland.org/media/arduino.html
  • When do we want to have him teach a class?
  • Maybe we can work out something with Antitronics to supply boards?

Phreaknic Pancakes

  • Nashville 2600 would like us to cook pancakes at their event this year.
  • We need to supply a pancake griddle. Does anyone have one we can use?

Minutes

Review of Action Items

  • Sign hung
  • Going to put a vinyl sticker on the wood on the front window
    • also maybe on the roll up door
    • convert vector to something we need, we'll ask Brian
  • Tim is making a "last lock up list"

Treasurer's Report

  • In the Discussion section of the wiki.

Facilities Committee Report

  • In the Discussion section of the wiki.

Decide next meeting date

  • Oct. 20 2009

Membership Applications

  • Matt Barron is a member, 5 yays

October Elections

  • Bylaws need to be in place before the Oct. Elections.

Big Spring Jam Update

  • Nathan figured everything else out

Arduino Class

  • oct. 17th

Phreaknic Pancakes

  • Sat. morning
  • JimShoe has a griddle
  • We need to get another