From Makers Local 256
- October 25, 2010
- All members
|Review of Action Items||Chairman|
|Facilities Committee Report||Facilities Committee|
|New Member Recognition||Secretary|
|Decide next meeting date||Chairman|
|Change Door Code||Secretary|
|Election Results||Election Committee|
- September 2010
- Donations: $590
- Members: $950.33 (26)
- Expenses: $1241.61
- Net Profit: $298.72
- Average Donation per person: $36.5511538461538
- Average Expense per person: $47.7542307692308
- October 2010
- Donations: $673.82
- Members: $585.52 (19)
- Expenses: $1210.14
- Net Profit: $49.2
- Average Donation per person: $30.8168421052632
- Average Expense per person: $63.6915789473684
- Insulation Proto-Proposal - Final call for any inputs to the proposal before it's submitted to the board. See notes under 'Augmentations' -> 'Insulation on the main room' for details.
- Basic Winterization Measures Underway - Currently winterizing the shop over November. See notes under 'Basic Winterization Measures' for details.
- HALO Rocket Team - Does anyone own or know somebody who owns property outside of the city limits? They are looking for a place to do static test firings some rocket motors (400 lbf thrust)? All that is needed is an open area where we can strap the motor down and fire.
- Engineers Without Borders - Does anyone own or know somebody who owns property that has a running stream or waterfall? One of the members has built a hydraulic ram pump that the team is looking to test. They need to set it up and let it run to measure its output.
- Green Mountain Glass Tour 11/8/10 - Green Mountain Glass is holding a tour of their glass recycling shop 11/8/10. To those interested, please RSVP to Spacefelix.
- Nick Huskinson (Corramor)
- Prentiss Nick (giant)
- Meeting convened at 735 by chairman
- 7:35 Voting for Board Members begins
- 7:36 HALO rocket project - Ethan
- 7:36 Looking for locations, many suggestions
- 7:37 Ethan presenting project concepts from Engineers Without Borders
- 7:37 Looking for property with a body of moving water
- 7:37 Green Mountain Glass - Tour of their facilities November 08
- 7:38 Facilities Committee
- 7:38 Thanks to members who helped with Clean Up Day
- 7:38 Several events coming up at the shop soon, please keep the place clean and pick after yourself
- 7:39 The FC will be winterizing the shop this month, sealing and insulating ceiling, doors and windows, improving current garage door hanging with a tarp/canvas/tarp sandwich for insulation. Long term plan for insulation is to hang canvas curtains on wall. Proposal details are on the wiki, the committee invites your comments.
- 7:41 Fire safety is a concern, canvas flammable. Scott saves the day with valuable aid and materials knowledge.
- 7:44 ISS insulation – Shae offers free space shuttle insulation.
- 7:46 Treasury Committee
- 7:46 Charts demonstrate our monthly costs and expenses, compared to our incoe
- 7:47 Expenses remain steady, but income is not enough
- 7:47 We're okay for the short term, but we need help soon
- New members this month
- Nick – Corramor
- Big Nick – comes in Saturday
- Future events
- Halloween party Friday
- Open House Saturday, November 6
- Shae wants to start weekly sewing/knitting meetups, positively acceptable
- Sarah Benalene