From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • April 11, 2011
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Voting JimShoe
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary
Voting Results JimShoe

Board Candidates

  • Brian Walker (MisterWorld)
  • Jeff Cotten (omegix)
  • Matthew O'Gorman (mog)
  • Kinsey Moore (opticron)
  • Matt Robinson (brimstone)
  • Nathan Warner (JimShoe)
  • Tim Heath (CrashCartPro)
  • Raymond (Strages)
  • Justin (Ratmandu)
  • Heather O'Gorman (Mrs. O'Gorman)

Action Items

Treasurer's Report

Graphs from May 2010 to March 2011
  • Term: March 2011
    • Donations: $521.99
    • Members: $1014.77 (31)
    • Expenses: $1314.83
    • Net Profit: $221.93
    • Average donation per person: $32.73
    • Average expense per person: $42.41
  • Term: April 2011
    • Donations: $20
    • Members: $457.48 (19)
    • Expenses: $1069.95
    • Net Profit: $-592.47
    • Average donation per person: $24.08
    • Average estimated expense per person: $66.84

Facilities Committee

New Members

  • Chaz, aka Chazzam



  • Korc
  • Matt Robinson
  • Eli
  • Alli
  • Greg
  • Satyam
  • Scott
  • Justin
  • Dmitri
  • Dusty
  • Mog
  • Heather
  • Tuttle
  • Nathan
  • Dana
  • Tony
  • Ray
  • Kix
  • Tycho
  • Brian
  • Chazz
  • Ethan
  • Hanyan
  • Kinsey

Meeting Minutes

  • Meeting called to order by Mog, subbing in for Tim
  • Elections!
    • Some candidates speak
    • ballots are passed out, voting happened, Dusty and Dmitri started counting votes
  • Treasurer report presented by Matt
  • Ethan talked about recent facilities business
    • Vending machine isn't cooling properly
    • David Merchant has offered to bring us some freon for AC, additional units will be installed this weekend and they'll be filled with freon in the coming weeks.
  • Upcoming Events
    • UAH is having a LAN party in the UC on Thursday, April 14th, and they'd like us to have booth and talk about the shop.
    • Grant Imahara from Mythbusters will be speaking at UAH Monday, April 18th. Tickets are on sale now.
      • We're trying to convince him to visit the shop.
    • LAN party happening April 30, please hand out flie, rs (found on the wiki)
    • Scott is teaching basic survival on a camping trip May 14th to the 15th
    • The Society of Women Engineers is holding a fundraiser for Japan. Ask Dmitri for details.
  • The contract for us having a presence at the ISDC next month is now on the wiki, everyone is invited to review
    • Event is from a Wednesday to a Saturday, and we'd have to man a booth all week, including during the day.
  • Tony is running a weight loss competition for shop members. Initial weigh in was at the meeting.
  • New member – Chazz Moye, aka Chazzam
  • The LAN party in Memphis last weekend was fun, hey presented Makers Local 256 members with gifts – sand-blasted mugs with both shop logos on them.
    • Some of their members are coming down for our party April 30th.
  • Tony presents stats on the new potential shop location.
    • More floor space, lower rent, a kitchen/break room, partial AC
    • Pictures are on Nathan's website,
  • Election results
    • Brian Walker (MisterWorld)
    • Matthew O'Gorman (mog)
    • Kinsey Moore (opticron)
    • Matt Robinson (brimstone)
    • Nathan Warner (JimShoe)
    • Tim Heath (CrashCartPro)
    • Justin (Ratmandu)
    • Heather O'Gorman (Mrs. O'Gorman)
  • New shop discussion – general consensus at the meeting seems to support the move
  • Next meeting will be May 16th.