From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • July 11, 2011
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Action Items

  • Move-in, unpacking, and organization.
  • And that's how you get ants.
  • Love thy neighbor.

Treasurer's Report

  • Term: June 2011
    • Donations: $216.56
    • Members: $972.69 (29)
    • Expenses: $1130.93
    • Net Profit: $58.32
    • Average donation per person: $33.54
    • Average expense per person: $36.31
  • Term: July 2011
    • Donations: $10
    • Members: $391.89 (15)
    • Expenses: $974.53
    • Net Profit: $-572.64
    • Average donation per person: $26.126
    • Average estimated expense per person: $70.17
  • Saved up $897.95 since 1/1/2011, average $149.66
  • Expenses average $1461.34 over the last 6 months.
  • Average expenses across 38 members, $38.46

Facilities Committee

New Members

  • Matt Hendrix
  • Robert Yost

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.



  • Brett (Guest)
  • Matt Robinson
  • Matt O'Gorman
  • Tycho Clendenny
  • Tim Heath
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Wayne
  • Tony Tran
  • Greg Brown
  • Ray Nordin
  • Sara Neale (Guest)
  • Justin Richards
  • Phil Showers
  • Heather O'Gorman
  • Devin (Guest)
  • Dusty Clark
  • Bob Klepfer

Meeting Minutes

Treasurer's report from Matt R.:

  • June was good, came out ahead.
  • July looks like it's going according to plan
  • We seem to be saving about $150/mo.
  • Utilities are $100-$150/mo, down quite a bit from June last year.
  • Donate early, if possible.

Facilities report from Tim H.:

  • We've been pretty busy with events, so we haven't been focusing on other things.
  • The stairs are finished and the next order of business is reinforcing the floors in the loft and adding shelving.
  • Tim will soon be looking for volunteers to do initial setup and potentially management of different areas such as electronics and tools.


  • We are considering participating in the Sept. 10 Atlanta Maker Faire.
  • Free for everyone but vendors.
  • August Hamfest here in Huntsville. Greg is looking to get a table to set us up.


  • The dust collection system is nearly setup.
  • Wayne has an awesome portal gun that he's built up from scratch.
  • Do not leave out food. This is how we get ants.
  • Be nice to the neighbors. They are our friends.

The next monthly meeting will be on August 15.