- August 15, 2011
- All members
|Review of Action Items||Chairman|
|Facilities Committee Report||Facilities Committee|
|Decide next meeting date||Chairman|
|New Member Recognition||Secretary|
|Change Door Code if loss of member||Secretary|
- Term: June 2011
- Donations: $216.56
- Members: $1271.52 (37)
- Expenses: $1130.93
- Net Profit: $357.15
- Average donation per person: $34.37
- Average expense per person: $28.46
- Term: July 2011
- Donations: $1024.86
- Members: $1157.73 (32)
- Expenses: $1362.88
- Net Profit: $819.71
- Average donation per person: $36.18
- Average expense per person: $36.34
- Term: August 2011
- Donations: $478.85
- Members: $497.82 (16)
- Expenses: $1068
- Net Profit: $-91.33
- Average donation per person: $31.11
- Average estimated expense per person: $79.25
- June was good, July's pretty good too
- Utilities donation in July
- July off by 16¢/member
- 43% donated for August so far
|Section of new loft floor||CrashCart, Enabrintain, and Makers|
|Materials rack next to garage door||Korc|
|Soda Machine repaired||JimShoe and Korc|
|Electrical wiring in FabLab and for Soda Machine||CrashCart|
|More waste/recycling bins out||Spacefelix|
|Shower curtain and accessories||Curtain from Alii, the rest is a mystery||"Shampoos, Gel Soaps, and complimentary shower cleaning from Omegix. Towel rack and item organizer was probably spaceflix if not Alii." --Omegix 09:40, 16 August 2011 (CDT)|
|Shelving In storage area of loft||CrashCart, Enabrintain, volunteers|
|Insulate and wall up FabLab||CrashCart and/or Enabrintain and/or volunteers (whoever gets there first)|
|continue new flooring in loft||(long term)|
|clean and sort tools and main floor||volunteers (dates tbd)|
- Devin Boyer
NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.
- HSIS 2: Paper Airplanes - Spacefelix & Bendersgame flying gliders and paper airplanes from near-space altitudes off of weather balloons!
- Classes in Appropriate Technologies Design & Permaculture
- Appropriate technologies class with Engineers Without Borders in Lineville, AL, planned for a late August weekend. Date will be confirmed post-8/20.
- Permaculture class will be 3 series of classes in fall. Starts September 10th in Huntsville. It is $45/class.
- Please inform spacefelix if you are interested.
- Should we spend $50/month on a Dumpster?
- Should we investigate adding more titles for the Shop in order to facilitate shop activities such as events and classes?
- Atlanta Mini Maker Faire -Crash Cart
- Heather O'Gorman
- Devin Boyer
- Nathan Warner
- Tim Heath
- Tycho Clendenny
- Ray Nordin
- Matt O'Gorman
- Matt Robinson
- Ethan Chew
- Jennifer Paulsen
- Satyam Nayak
- Matt Hendrix
- Phil Showers
- Alice Scanland
- Kinsey Moore
- Karl Sackett (prospective member)
- Greg Brown
- Jeff Cotten
- Bob Klepfer
Facilities improvements by Tim:
- Hard at work improving the building.
- Section of new flooring in the loft.
- Bob put up the materials rack.
- Soda machine got repaired thanks to Nathan and Bob and a new-to-us compressor.
- There is a new set of outlets for the soda machine, kiosk, and electronics room.
- We now have more recycle bins.
- The shower is operational and has been used.
- There are more planned improvements.
- Garbage pickup:
- We should really get it since dumping elsewhere is illegal.
- Discussion ensued.
- The current offer is $50/mo for 2 years for a 2 cubic yard dumpster and pickup twice a week.
Hackerspace balloon project with Ethan:
- Long range paper airplanes launched from a balloon with SD cards in them.
- These have an extremely long range if they make it into the jet stream.
Engineers Without Borders:
- EWB is going to run a class in wilderness engineering in Limeville, AL.
- They'll show you how to build things like waterwheels and wells out of scrap.
- Let Ethan know if you're interested. Currently planned for late August.
- $45 per class
- They teach ways to create gardens and other things
- Ethan is heading this up
- It is this weekend
- Get various HAM licenses there and purchase things cheaply
- We have a table at which you can sell things if you wish.
Atlanta mini maker faire:
- It is in Atlanta on the second weekend in September
- Nathan has used his knowledge to get us a free banner to use at the maker faire
- Tim will be taking a van and trailer.
- Heather has suggested that there be more titles for people in the shop to divide responsibilities
- Tim supports the idea of funny titles
- Another suggestion is that people give themselves titles as they take on a responsibility
- Bobby the neighbor:
- She brought a bike to the shop as a loan/please buy or sell it
- She was also looking for a large monitor for a sight-impaired relative
- She has a microscopic soldering station that we're free to use at (almost) any time
- As far as communicating to other people/organizations, we don't limit people from representing the shop, but the board would like to be notified when possible.
- Request for comments:
- Bob requested to use the space against the fence to work on his airstream.
- It would not block the door and would not extend past the fence.
- If the shell is off, it is not movable on short notice.
- We don't seem to use this area so much anyway.
The next meeting will be on September 14.