From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • November 16, 2011
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary
11/16 Outage Brimstone

Action Items

Treasurer's Report

  • Term: October 2011
    • Donations: $210
    • Members: $920.26 (30)
    • Expenses: $1228.88
    • Net Profit: $-98.62
    • Average donation per person: $30.68
    • Average expense per person: $40.97
  • Term: November 2011
    • Donations: $412.37
    • Members: $426.68 (16)
    • Expenses: $1170.32
    • Net Profit: $-331.27
    • Average donation per person: $26.67
    • Average expense per person: $73.15

Facilities Committee

Recent Improvements

Shelving In storage area of loft CrashCart, Enabrintain, Devin, Korc
Insulate and wall up FabLab CrashCart and volunteers
clean main floor and sort tools Alii and volunteers

Planned Improvements

Clean and setup "AV lab" CrashCart, volunteers
continue new flooring in loft (long term)
paint stairs (probably)

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

Discussion Topics


  • Kinsey Moore
  • Raymond Nordin
  • Heather O'Gorman
  • Nathan Warner
  • Matt Robinson
  • Tim Heath
  • Bob Kepfler
  • Devin Boyer
  • Tycho Clendenny
  • Will Leblanc
  • Jennifer Paulsen
  • John C Kelly(pending member)
  • Joshua Pritt(pending member)
  • Ethan Chew
  • Matt O'Gorman(via google hangout)
  • Dmitry Plaks

Meeting Minutes

Heather O'Gorman is running the meeting in Matt O'Gorman's stead.

Treasurer's report given by Matt Robinson. Donate early, Donate Often. We got $74 in donations from the open house. We got a donation of $100 via paypal from someone who thinks we're cool.

Power outage earlier today: Account number mix up on brown street account number vs stevens account number. Fees avoided. This shouldn't happen again.

Facilities update given by Tim. There is now more shelving upstairs for organization and storage. The electronics room is now nearly complete. The shop is amazingly clean at the moment. When you leave, PUT AWAY YOUR PROJECT. When you leave, PUT AWAY YOUR PROJECT. Apply directly to the forehead. More loft cleanup is planned along with another shelf in the immediate future. Ethan plans to rebuild the gates on the trash area outside. John K. has some heavy lab tables for us so we need someone with a truck to volunteer some time to help us move them.

Open house: smashing success! Our neighbor to the south was slightly upset to find a jet engine being fired next to her house. The cops were called on us at which point they promptly drove by but didn't stop. It was built at the rocket shop/project halo. It was made from a truck's turbocharger.

Phreaknic: FUN! Skydogcon: we didn't go

Events: EWB put out an invite to attend a course on Dec 3rd about wilderness engineering. Sign up on the wiki if you're interested. They're currently on wiki and email and need to be put on the front page and facebook page.

Dmitry is going to fly his rocket again on Sunday near Talledega. Let him know if you're interested in joining him for the launch.

The next meeting date will be Wednesday Dec 14 2011.

Pending new members introduced themselves (Josh and John).