One Wire Computer
When I was about a year into college I had this idea for a 1 wire computer. The 1 wire would carry electricity to the computer and nothing else.
At the time wireless video was incredibly limited and very expensive. Without wireless video the project didn't make much sense, so off to the OBE pile it went.
With as good as batteries are these days, this wouldn't even have to have the 1 wire for power.
For the case I'm envisioning a computer entombed in a ball of some sort. Could possibly hang it like a chandelier. Could mod it out like a gigantic ball and chain. I'll worry about aesthetics later.
- Ball Shaped computer case $30
- Wireless Video Module $130
- Wireless Sound (this is built into the IO Gear Wireless Video Module) (This option is $40 more)
- If it wasn't built in, an FM Transmitter or Bluetooth would have been an option
- Wireless Keyboard and Mouse (on hand)
- Wireless 802.11 device (on hand)
- Computer (options below)
- A mini-itx motherboard, mini power supply, non-volatile memory (on hand, would need non-volatile memory)
- A laptop (probably wouldn't be able to shove this in the case)
- A netbook (on hand)
- LCD Display (on hand)
- IO Gear Wireless Module does not work with CRT Monitors
Cost Efficient Total: $200