PDA magic window
Using a PDA as an auxiliary display for a computer/laptop but taking a step further than that. By combining the guts of a wireless optical mouse or something similar to change what is being viewed on the auxiliary display in relation to movements made over a surface. The PDA would still retain it's input capabilty of the touch screen and possibly buttons but on a remote display. Ideally you would use this device to connect remotely back to your pc/laptop and use any available surface area(wall, desk, etc.). Essentially we're making a wireless optical mouse with a touch screen and remote desktop display/input capability.
- Obtain a Think Outside Bluetooth Stowaway Travel Mouse, as it is the only bluetooth mouse that works with pocket pcs. (DONE)
- Install tightvnc server on host pcs, or something more secure. (DONE)
- Use pocket vnc and bluetooth mouse to handle the project. (Attempting to find a remote client that allows for auto scrolling...)
- PocketVNC: no auto scrolling, you have to drag scroll bars. no encryption.
- PocketPC terminal services client: no auto scrolling, you have to drag scroll bars. no encryption.
- Pebbles: neat and has other applications just not this one.
- Mocha Remote Client: best out of them but I still have to hold down the left mouse button to move the screen around. Pen input works. Only does 800x600, but does have encryption.
- cameraFlow using a webcam as an optical mouse.