Public Relations / Meeting Minutes 2016.04.28
From Makers Local 256
Meeting Minutes 2016.04.28
- Michele C.
- Phil S.
- Jeff C.
- Dmity P.
- Jake P.
- Ben T.
Next meeting date will be set at the Open Board meeting following the member meeting.
- Collaboration project with Rocket Westies to build a dance floor
- Make Pig Roast open for local groups to have vendor type tables. 501st, NACC, Momocon, MindGear Labs, other nerd and tech cultures
- Are we allowed to park at the Firestation?
- Non-building access membership tier
- Improve number and attraction tactics of donation buckets
- Add "Donation Best Practices" section to Event template on wiki
- Add small padding to events that cost money like the leatherworking class to help raise funds
- Sent an email to State District Phil Williams via Jake Polatty for proposal for Alabama state grant.
- Create survey for members requesting ideas for 1, X-time, and X-time + Y-Time (ex: 1, 2, 5 year) long term goals
- Followup.cc as a communication tool
- Bring retro game systems to Maggie Meyers for Nerd Night
- Vending machine snacks that could withstand room temperature of the high bay
- Categorize Brainstorms by Level of Effort
- Have a goal for at least 4 big events, one per season.
- Michele to contact Rocket Westies about what members of Rocket Westies would contribute labor to the project.
- Jeff to contact city about logistics of blocking off streets for events. Ben T. said Chad Emerson might be a good person to contact.
- Jeff to create a planning calendar
- Jeff to add generic non-pig roast WLRH PSA recording for 3 months after Pig Roast. Ben T. volunteered to voice it
- Jeff to solicit people to take shifts for the pig roast