Talk:Proposal/0016-Rules and guidelines RC2
Just an idea, but it's unlikely that an entire proposal will be accepted. One section may not be favored that causes the entire proposal to be rejected. Perhaps we could collect popular consensus on each section of the proposal, and once we have a concept of what the membership desires, we can put forth a best-of-breed proposal to be voted on by the board? --Omegix 11:13, 17 May 2011 (CDT)
Templates from other hackerspaces
- (c) After providing the member with reasonable written notice, upon a determination by the board of directors that the member has engaged in conduct materially and seriously prejudicial to the interests or purposes of the corporation.
- Noisebridge ( https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Bylaws#6.6._Termination_of_Membership )
- Section 6.6 - 6.8
- Tog (http://www.tog.ie/constitution/)
- 6. Any committee member can suspend any member or visitor in extreme circumstances. Suspended members or visitors will be denied access to any physical workspaces until the reason for their suspension has been resolved. An alternative to a suspension would be a short term timeout, with a suitable time set by the committee member.
- 7. If a member wishes to leave the organisation, written notice must be given to the committee. Continued non-payment of the membership fee will be deemed to be the same as the receipt of a written notice to leave the organisation.
- 8. A general meeting will be held if a full member is to be removed from the organisation.