My Printrbot Simple Metal Plus stopped working. First the autoleveling sensor pin got locked closed, making it so that leveling was no longer a thing. Then the board stopped talking to the USB ports on my computer.
So I have decided to retire the Printrboard Rev. F4 with an Ultimachine Einsy Rambo. This is the same controller that drives the Prusa I3 Mk3 printers, so I'm pretty hopeful about finding good Marlin configs and whatnot. I'll be documenting my progress here.
Tuesday 25 September, 2018
- Ordered PINDA Probe, ETA: 2Oct18.
- Prusa uses a 3 wire blower fan for the print vent and a 40mm 3 wire Noctua fan for the extruder cooler. However the printrbot needs a 30mm fan to fit the mount, and Noctua doesnt make 3cm fans. OH WELL.
- 3cm 3wire fan is ordered. I have a 50mm blower fan already.(but its not a 3wire)
Monday 24 September, 2018
- Ultimachine responded telling me that the Einsy expects to use the Prusa PINDA probe. The PINDA is a NPN that runs on 5V. The LJ12A3-4-Z/BY is a 6V-36V PNP sensor. So is wholly unsuitable for swapping. Acquire a PINDA probe.
Saturday 22 September, 2018
- Swapped the connectors for the X, Y, Z0/1, and E steppers
- Wired 12V power (contemplate a higher voltage supply, the einsy can use 12V-24V DC, 16A+. Mine is a 12V DC, 10A)
- Made connector adapters for Extruder Thermistor, Fan (contemplate buying better fan), X,Y endstops
- Researched the applicability of the LJ12A3-4-Z/BY z-probe used by the Metal Plus in the Einsy. Sent Email to Ultimachine.