User:Hfuller/Admin policy update
From Makers Local 256
The "admins" (sometimes "netadmins") are the members responsible for administering the Information Technology infrastructure at Makers Local 256. Examples of this infrastructure include:
- Internet services that Makers Local 256 provides to its members and to the public
- The computer network at the make shop
- The organizationally-owned computers and software at the make shop
The following policies apply to admins:
- A new admin may be added contingent on the unanimous passing of a vote among all of the current admins.
- An admin shall be removed after that admin sends an email to email@example.com, explicitly stating their wishes to no longer serve as an admin.
- If that condition is not met, an admin may be removed when a proposal to that effect is passed by the Board.
- At least two admins shall have Operator privileges in the #makerslocal freenode channel.
- At least two admins shall have privileged user status for any social networking site officially associated with the organization.